How do I take care of my ALOHAS?Updated a month ago
When we find a product that fits one or more of the parameters to have the perfect combination of style, comfort, and durability, we want it to last! To protect them from stains, water, and dirt, and in order to maximize their lifespan, we've gathered the best tips & tricks on how to take care of ALOHAS products correctly.
Leather products - Recommended care instructions
At ALOHAS we work with natural leathers. With the right kind of attention, a pair of shoes can last for decades – but neglect can be hard to undo.
When purchasing leather products from ALOHAS bear in mind that it is a natural product, therefore some variations between pairs in terms of color and finishes may occur. This is not a flaw, but a sign of manufacturing a hand-crafted product.
GOLDEN RULES FOR SHOE CARE
- Clean your leather shoes after use. Rub off as much dirt and grime as you can with a clean, dry cloth. Always use a soft cloth that doesn't scratch the leather. Never dump water on it, as it could penetrate the leather and cause stains and spots. Aim to clean your shoes after each wear or at least before the following day. Simply give them a light wipe down using a brush and soft cloth to restore the shine. Never try to clean the leather with any product containing chemicals that can be aggressive to your ALOHAS because that would damage them. Instead, try cleaning them with a wet cloth or polishing them with a bit of moisturizer on the cloth.
- A regular polishing or conditioning routine is vital for keeping leather shoes in good condition. Conditioning helps moisturize the leather. As it dries out, it can crack, leading to damaged shoes. Use a clean cloth to rub the conditioner in small circular movements. Remove any excess conditioner once you've conditioned the entire shoe.
- We work hard to offer our customers the highest quality in the material and the manufacture of our pieces. The leathers are totally natural, they have no chemicals or aggressive products that can soften or deteriorate the product, therefore we do not recommend getting them wet. If your shoes get wet, stuff them with a small towel and let them dry naturally, away from a direct heat source. Don't forget that shoes should only be cleaned when they are completely dry. Allow them to dry at room temperature; avoid leaving them near a source of heat, as this will harden the leather.
- Suede is very easily ruined by water, which causes stains on its surface. Even a rain shower can ruin a pair of suede boots so make sure sure you don't wear your suede shoes during rainy days!
- It is advised that you always patch test a new leather care product on an inconspicuous area of the leather before applying it all over, as some products may alter the color and/or texture of the leather in a way you are not happy with.
Espadrilles - Recommended care instructions
ALOHAS espadrilles are ideal for the summer season (or for those idyllic places where it’s always warm), but they don't last forever. Given the materials they are made of and the fact that they are handcrafted, are considered seasonal items and have limited durability.
Our shoes do not get along with water, so we recommend that you avoid stepping on wet areas. The lower part of the espadrilles, which is made of jute, should never get wet or humid. You can keep your ALOHAS in good condition for longer if you always keep them dry, especially the soles.
Knitwear - Recommended care instructions
- Always check and read carefully the care label and washing instructions before washing your clothes
- Do not hang clothing, but leave stretched out on a flat surface because the weight of the water causes deformation
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Iron low
- Do not dry-clean
- Do not iron on print
- Wash separately
- Wash inside out
Join our bustling ALOHAS Community, where like-minded people discuss all things fashion, sustainability, and more!