How is ALOHAS sustainable?Updated a month ago
Sustainability is on top of our brand decisions.
We are always searching for innovative solutions that create a positive impact. We only produce what you order, avoiding any needless waste. It’s a win-win for you, us, & the planet.
Zero landfill waste: we invite you to join us for a more responsible shopping experience: you buy, and we produce for you! All of our shoes have timeless designs and are handcrafted by expert artisans that have been making eco-friendly footwear for decades.
Not only are our production methods sustainable, but so are our working conditions. The relationship between employees at the office and employees at manufacturing facilities is close and has been nurtured for over six years since the brand was founded in 2015.
Local Production and LWG leather
Made in Spain (and why that matters): with our design and production team split between Barcelona and Alicante, in the coastal region of Spain, ALOHAS is undeniably Mediterranean. The "made in Spain" label ensures local production and a more environmentally friendly process involving all stages of the supply chain, from design to crafting to packaging. For more information on the production flow, please visit us here.
Fair Labour conditions
By shopping at ALOHAS you are ensuring the well-being and fair treatment of all our factory workers. We have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to discrimination and is always making sure the best standards are met. ALOHAS has established a mandatory code of conduct for all of our suppliers to ensure good social conditions for all employees as well as a series of additional procedures in order to ensure its enforcement. Furthermore, direct monitoring of these measures is implemented by our organization in conjunction with all interested parties and external auditors.
- SVegan: the preferred material is PU for upper and insole
- Second Life Project: cactus and corn leathers and only recycled materials for soles, heels, caps, and linings
- Leather shoes, buckles, and hardware: generally made of ZAMAK, a completely recyclable material, with very low energy consumption for its usage.
- Outsoles: shaped on a non-slip and flexible cuerolite or rubber for the outsoles
- Soles: 100% recycled plastic. 90% recovered from rubber, 10% recycled from shoes
- Clothing: non-harmful dye processes. All pieces are pre-shrunk
- The vast majority of our leather products are chrome-free and recycled leather
Keep reading here if you want to learn more about how we support sustainability.
The new carbon offset feature on our website enables donations to help reduce the overall carbon footprint of e-commerce. You may add €2 or more to your shopping cart at the time of purchase and then decide what cause this amount should be destined for. Active projects currently include native forest regeneration and international renewable energy projects. Both fall under the umbrella of fighting climate change, bringing you one step closer to responsible shopping.